A Consultation with Altitude Arborist is the first step in determining the condition of your trees and their needs. Consultation is a tool that Land/Home owners can use to identify the Arborist or group of Arborists that they wish to retain for the long-term, consistent health care management of their trees.
Some of the benefits include:
- Understanding your trees' relationship with urban soil.
- Forming a long-term relationship with your trees: Learn what you and your family can do over the years to maintain your trees' health.
- Identifying and understanding the impact of invasive species on the landscape, urban forest and in the urban/wildland interface areas.
- Learning about proper pruning practices, how and why trees respond to pruning, as well as about the process of Compartmentalization of Decay in Trees (CODIT).
- Damage prevention/mitigation to trees during development, remodeling or while making changes to the landscape.
- Determining the legality of pruning or removing a large tree and its impact on the urban forest.
- Risk assessment and resolution.
- Becoming informed about the inherent conflicts between trees and infrastructure: The right tree in the right place.
- Understanding tree pathology: What you really need to treat or not is based on individual tree species, condition and location.
- Establishing a budget that is realistic for you in the management of your trees and helpling you to set goals.
Consult with a Certified Arborist before bringing in the chainsaws. This will ensure that the work done in your trees will meet your needs with minimal negative impact to the trees themselves. It will also allow you you contribute to a healthier, sustainable, urban forest. You will gain a unique, holistic understanding of your own trees and their place in the environment; you also contribute to the public awareness of Arboriculture as a professionally applied science. In most cases, the consultation cost is a one-time expense.
Trees grow slowly; to really treat them right, we need to establish a long-term relationship with them. We are always happy to visit with established clients at their homes or properties free of charge. We strive to see the forest and the trees!